Strawberries are a sweet and delicious addition to this healthy smoothie!
Did you know strawberries have powerful antioxidant properties? They do! Plus they don't rapidly boost blood sugars and they are a great source of fiber which helps regulate blood sugar!
Note: Be sure to wash all produce before using. I prefer using a blend of 50% peroxide and 50% water in a brown glass spray bottle to spray my produce, let it sit and then rinse it off.
- 1 serving Protein powder
- ⅓ cup Strawberries, chopped
- ½ cup Spinach
- ½ cup Unsweetened, full-fat organic canned coconut milk
- 4 Ice cubes
- 1 tbsp Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp Pumpkin seeds or hemp seeds
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Cocoa nibs
- Raw honey if needed
- Place protein powder, spinach, coconut milk, ice, pumpkin seeds, cocoa powder and vanilla in a blender.
- Process until slightly smooth so you can eat with a spoon.
- Stir in strawberries and cocoa nibs (if you want them).
- Serve immediately.